Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Big Welcome

Welcome to all you very compassionate people who are knitting blanket squares or blankets for the 2009 bushfire victims.

I've never had a blog before so bear with me, I am on a steep learning curve here but I thought it would be nice for us to have somewhere chat about our progress with the knitting and to post photos (when I work out how)

We are knitting or crocheting 12" squares in 8ply or 10ply wool (DK or worsted) that will be joined together and then offered to victims of the terrible fires that have ravaged Victoria. All donations gladly accepted, just contact me and I'll give you an address to send them to.

Dawn

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Dawn, don't worry you'll be fine. Currently making squares to send to you. Look forward to seeing pics.
    love
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn, Just letting you know that I am here too! Hi to you too Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everyone,

    Well done Dawn the blog looks great..I am busily knitting my squares and then will post some pics.

    Will make sure i take my camera to our group meeting next week as well.

    Spoke to teachers at my daughters PT school today and looks like i might be going up in a week or so to help them knit some squares too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Blogosphere, you're going great!

    I've cast on my first square - and I'm sure it won't be the last :)

    ReplyDelete