Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 5. Monday 16/02/2009

Thanks Bec, it was great to hear how things have been progressing so quickly in Canberra.

I had both good and bad news this morning. The bad news is that they found the body of Rachel's husband, my friend that inspired me to start this blanket drive.
The good news is that I had a call from the ABC. They have had so much interest in what we are doing and tomorrow are interviewing me on ABC HOBART. That will get us even more.
I have received some fully made blankets in the mail today (thanks Jane) but the squares are only trickling in so far which is giving me the opportunity to knit some myself and join the ones I have recieved so far

2 comments:

  1. I am so deeply sorry to hear about Rachel's husband, the worst news of all :(

    Good luck with the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness how terrible for Rachael and her son. My heart goes out to them both and I am sure that receiving the blanket will make her feel the love we want to give to her family too. It makes me feel so sad to hear that awful news.

    ReplyDelete