Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Canberra collection points

Just wanted to update any Canberra knitters out there that squares/blankets/yarn can be dropped off at

Cassidy's department store - Kingston **Has loads of machine wash 8ply yarn for $2.00 a ball - perfect for squares**

Stitch n Time - Phillip - Colbee Court - **Are also offering 10% discount to customers buying yarn for blanket squares**

ABC - Cnr Wakefield & Northbourne Ave

As well as through P.O Box 212, Jerrabomberra NSW 2619 or email me at caulfiedra@gmail.com and I can arrange a pick up.

I'll be on-air again tomorrow to do an update with Alex Sloane and there will soon be piccies of our blankets up on their website. I'll put an updated link up when that's all happened.

I also have a large amount of yarn which has been donated and while some of this is great for blankets, some is not machine washable and I've also had a donation of needles so was thinking about putting these to good use with the re-stash a crafter project. Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good Bec. There was a lady on Melbourne ABC tonight calling for donations of craft items for 'crafty' ladies who have lost everything. You may find something about it on their site.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that's a great idea Bec! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Bec. I'm nearly finished my first crocheted-together blanket now - and its great to know that ABC will collect bits. Does that mean they'll send them too?

    ReplyDelete