Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday 18th March

Well I've had it. I worked from 8am until 6.15pm without so much as a ten minute break because my work colleague had a well deserved break in Queensland. Lucky her.

Yesterday was a great day because I was contacted by Dysons Transport and they are more than happy to transport Bec's huge collection of blankets from Canberra down here. Their depot is only 120km from here so that is much easier to collect than having to go to Bec's. And they're doing it for FREE. Wow! I was thrilled. I'd put out a plea in my radio chat on the ABC on Monday morning and we got a great result. Courier companies had rejected our requests as had another well known busline so this is very generous of Dysons who are only a small outfit by comparison. If I ever travel interstate now by bus I'll be making sure it's a Dysons.

4 comments:

  1. I am heading off to the post office today to send off the squares to you. Hopefully they should reach you by Tuesday or Wednesday. We knit 17 squares all together for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news about Dysons. Good on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that, I'll let you know when they arrive. Our PO has changed its opening hours which means I can't collect my mail now on the way to work so will only be getting the parcels once or twice a week rather than every day.

    I certainly told them what I thought of that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday Bec picked up the pile of squares and blankets from me (donated by anonymous knitters - no name tags attached, I'm afraid - to the wool shop in Phillip). So they'll be in the shipment going down on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete