Sunday, March 29, 2009

Donated Blankets





















Well the last couple of weeks have been hectic. Squares and blankets have been coming in thick and fast from all over Australia as well as Canada, the US and New Zealand.


Last weekend I went for a few days R&R at Lakes Entrance and managed to pick up a couple of shopping bags of squares which wasn't bad as Karen had already dropped in two HUGE boxes to me during the week. Then on Friday two big boxes from Dot and Elaine arrive full of blankets and squares. The second picture on this post are the completed blankets they sent, just stunning. The other photos are of the other completed blankets, toys and clothes I've been sent.I've recently discovered the tunisian form of crochet which is by far the neatest way of joining the squares albiet not the easiest. It makes the join look good on both sides so there isn't really a 'right' or 'wrong' side.


Last Friday was my 47th birthday so the two boxes from Tassie were almost like receiving another birthday present. I went out for breakfast with the girls from work and ate a HUGE plate of bacon and eggs. Then my daughter and grandchildren took me out for lunch where Ethan and I shared a plate of fish, chips and salad because I was still full from breakfast. Poor hubby was a bit disappointed that I didn't want to out for dinner that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment