Saturday, December 19, 2009

Merry Christmas

Wow, it's almost three months since I updated this blog. I knew I'd be terrible at it, that's why my Facebook page gets totally ignored, I don't have the time for it.

This afternoon my daughter, son-in-law and grandies are coming for Christmas dinner, the full works, so that is something to look forward to. Not the cooking though, I'm a good cook but I don't enjoy it at all. I just prefer good, home cooked food to packaged or pre-prepared meals.

Just letting anyone interested know that the acrylics are now all gone. Yeah! I had one large box of those 'squares' that were of much poorer quality than I could use (generally donated by non-knitters and school children who wanted to help but just weren't really up to the task). I had planned to reknit them into toys and clothes for charities but the mother of my work colleague is somehow managing to join them together into blankets. They are not the standard of blankets you or I would want but the animal shelters are apparently rapt with them which is great. After all, many of the residents there are also victims of the fires.
Unfortunately fire season has already arrived again with fires near Canberra and about 300km east of here. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this year we have no fatalities and as little loss of homes and properties as possible. Reading in yesterdays paper I was shocked to see how many donated goods are still there, hopefully not any of our blankets, but at least if we do have some people unfortunate enough to lose their homes they will be well provided for with esseentials to start off with.

Anyway must be off to stuff the turkey. Have a great Christmas and a safe new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment