Monday, August 3, 2009

Off to the Yarra Glen Region soon

Oh wow, is this blog so out of date. Unfortunately I spent about ten days struggling with a shocking bout of my depression, which is usually very well controlled, and then last week my work colleague was on holidays so by the time I got home from work the last thing I wanted to do was look at a computer.

I was one of the many knitters to invade Bendigo last month for the Sheep and Wool show. The weather man looked after us well, it was chilly but dry and sunny - a perfect winters day. Unfortunately that was when the anxiety and depression overwhelmed me so I didn't enjoy myself which is sad because I'd been looking forward to it for so long.

Next week, on the 10th, I am off to the Yarra Glen region to deliver about 110 completed blankets as well as toys, scarves and childrens clothes. Well as much of it as I can fit in the car anyway. Karen Detering, from Stitches and Things in Lakes Entrance, will be coming with me. Karen is the one who converted Denise Sutherlands wonderful logo into an embroidered label that has been sewn onto each and every blanket. We're going on the Sunday night and booking into local accommodation there and maybe even driving around the area a bit depending on what time we arrive.

On Monday morning we are scheduled to meet with a couple of the local politicians, Christine Fyffe and Fran Bailey, for an official welcome and hand over of all the stuff. A couple of the local papers will be there too so I'm hoping they will have on-line links I can post for everyone to read the stories. Ms Fyffe's media liaison officer has been very helpful organising this for me as she feels that the people in the area are becoming a bit despondent with the slow pace of things and they could do with a cheerful story for a change. Let's hope she's right.

So if anyone is free and lives close to Yarra Glen please join us, especially if you are one of the contributors to the blankets.

No comments:

Post a Comment