Friday, April 24, 2009

DISTRIBUTION

The past fortnight has been very busy. I have been donated so many blankets and squares that I've finally had to ask people to stop knitting before it all overwhelms me. I shall gratefully accept any squares you have already made but please DON'T START KNITTING ANY MORE.

It is so gratifying. Instead of knitting one or two many people have knitting 20-30 and the group at Lakes Entrance have been outstanding. I also took delivery of a huge donation of squares from the U3A in Sale (University of the 3rd Age). Luckily I've had a couple of people offer to help me join them up and have also posted off more to others to be joined together.

Last week I contacted a coordinator of the Gippsland Relief Centres asking where I should take all the blankets as well as donated toys. She has just called me back and given me a number of a lady in charge of all that and apparently they are very short of blankets so they'll gladly appreciate getting ours. I'm still trying to call her, not surprisingly her phone number is always busy.

So hopefully this weekend I shall be able to take a large collection to the Relief Centre for distribution to those that need it. I shall have to type up the list of contributors to go with them this weekend and thanks to everyone who has participated in this worthy project.

No comments:

Post a Comment