Tuesday, April 14, 2009

14th April 2009

OK time to update.

On the weekend of 4-5th April I had my two baby grandchildren have their first sleepover so that Mum and Dad could have a childfree weekend in Melbourne. My daughter is a stay-at-home Mum so she REALLY enjoyed the break but I can't say the same for me. The 10 month old was a perfect little angel but her 2 year old brother is lucky to be alive. Only our love saved him as he turned into the child from hell. Most of the time he was okay but bedtime and afternoon sleeps were a nightmare. It took lots of attempts and patience (from me) and lots of tears and screaming (from him) before I could finally get him to stay in bed. He got his revenge though, waking up and wandering around the house crying 11 times during the night. Add that to the two episodes from his sister and Nana and Pop were walking zombies the next day.

Somehow I don't think he was ready to be separated from Mum and Dad quite yet. But they had a relaxing weekend so something positive was achieved.

Since I last posted the squares and blankets have been arriving thick and fast, over Easter alone I would estimate 200-300 squares arrived as well as blankets, clothes and toys. It is all becoming too overwhelming so from now on I am only accepting the blankets and squares. I shall soon arrange a handover of the first batch of blankets, I just want to type up the list of contributors first to attach to each of them.

I've also since been interviewed by ABC radio in Gippsland, Hobart and Launceston and given a talk at the local CWA meeting, all of which has elicited more offers of help. Luckily some of those offers are to join squares rather than knit them which is great as the stockpile is HUGE

No comments:

Post a Comment